I am Assistant Professor in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence at emlyon business school. My general research interests include Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Web Applications. In particular, AI-based decision-making, Deep learning interpretability and Human in the loop machine learning. Before, I was a postdoctoral research associate at LIG (Grenoble Information Laboratory), Grenoble (2019-2022). I received my PhD in machine learning from Grenoble Alpes University (2016-2019) where I focused on classification and clustering of temporal data.
I joined emlyon because the position is deeply correlated with my educational background and my expertise (i.e. artificial intelligence and programming) and at one of the most prestigious and top ranked business schools in France.
2022: Postdoctoral researcher at Laboratoire d'Informatique de Grenoble (LIG)
Focus: Deep learning models for time series forecasting, classification and causal reasoning. The research is supported by the French National Research Agency through the ANR-LOCUST and ANR-APi projects.
- 2018: Ph.D. in Machine Learning at Grenoble Alpes University - Thesis title: ”Time warp invariant sparse coding and dictionary learning for time series classification and clustering”.
- 2012: M.Sc. in Artificial Intelligence at Polytechnic University of Technology, Tehran, Iran -Thesis title: ”Extractive Persian Multi-Document Summarization”.
- 2008: B.Sc. in Software Engineering Sadjad University, Mashhad, Iran - My thesis was a network compatible smart AI board game.
January 2019 – Now: Research Scientist Universite Grenoble Alpes, LIG, France - Specialist in machine learning and deep learning.
- 2017-2022: Undergraduate teaching IUT1, IUT2, Grenoble, France. Teaching object oriented programming (ASP.Net, C-sharp) course (CM, TD and TP).
- 2019-2022: Teaching assistant Universite Grenoble Alpes, Grenoble, France.- Teaching assistant in machine learning and data science courses (graduate students) (TD and TP).
- 2012-2015: Undergraduate teaching Sadjad University, IAUM University, Mashhad, Iran. Teaching object oriented programming (c++), c-sharp programming, machine learning, internet engineering, web development, RDBS and artificial intelligence courses (CM).
- 2005-2008: Teaching assistant and examiner Sadjad University, Mashhad, Iran. Teaching assistant and examiner in c++, database management and data structure courses (TD and TP).
- 2007-2015: Freelance Developer PooyanHost Corporation, Mashhad, Iran Creating advanced web portals and application such as CMS, CRM, etc.