Associate Professor of Ecological Transition and Social Entrepreneurship, I work within the research center Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
I hold a joint PhD from the Univ. i Bergen (Norway) in philosophy and Versailles St Quentin in Ecological Economics. My PhD thesis was an interdisciplinary exploration of mineral resources' governance. As a post-doctoral fellow, I worked on the barriers to the implementation of a circular economy framework for critical metals. In this context, I observed the preeminence of a techno-solutionist perspective for dealing with sustainability issues, which brought me to question engineering ethics. It eventually led to the co-authoring of the book Quelle éthique pour l'ingénieur?
Deeply interdisciplinary, my research borrows tools and concepts from the human, social and economic sciences, to better grasp the complexity of the Anthropocene.
My research focuses on the relationships between sustainability and professional ethics, as well as the challenges and opportunities of a post-growth society.
Ethics Expert and Scientific Evaluator for the European Commission (since January 2020) : I review research applications more specifically for 2 types of calls: Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency (CINEA) and MSCA Fellowships
2013: PhD in Philosophy / Science and Technology Studies / Ecological Economics, Université de Versailles Saint-Quentin (UVSQ, France) and Universitetet i Bergen (UiB, Norway), Félicitations à l'unanimité : “Making Sense of Rare Earth Elements: An interdisciplinary approach to mineral resources' ethics and governance”
Thesis (Doctoral Dissertation): F. Verrax (2013) Making Sense of Rare Earth Elements: An interdisciplinary approach to mineral resources' ethics and governance, University of Bergen Press
- 2009: MA. in Philosophy, spec. « LOPHISS » (“Logics, Philosophy, History and Sociology of Science”), Université Paris IV Sorbonne, Paris I, Paris VII, ENS Ulm, magna cum laude
- 2009: MA. in Environmental Studies, “Sciences of the Environment, Territory and Economy” spec. “Mediation of Environmental Knowledge”, UVSQ, magna cum laude
Since 2023: Associate Professor of Ecological Transition and Social Entrepreneurship at emlyon business school
- 2017 - 2023: Independent consultant in the broad field of sustainability and professional ethics. Main client: French Ministry of Ecological Transition.
- 2015 - 2023: Lecturer in business and engineering schools (Mines ParisTech, Centrale Lyon, INSA Lyon, ESSCA, UCLY, etc.)
- 2015 - 2016: Post-Doctoral Fellow, ENTPE, Nanotechnologies and Sustainability
- 2013 - 2014: Post-Doctoral Fellow, ENS Lyon / Solvay, On the recycling of strategic metals : research focus on the industrial challenges of the circular economy