Thèmes de recherche
1. Formation des marchés pour les véhicules à carburant de substitution
2. Formation des marchés pour les aliments nutritifs
3. Théorie de la formation des marchés
Prix et récompenses
Struben, Jeroen, Kapmeier, Florian. 2023. From low-hanging fruit to high-impact sustainability transformations: Unpacking dynamics of intra- and interorganizational capability traps. System Dynamics Review, FORTH : 28 p.
Keith, David R., Struben, Jeroen, Naumov, Sergey. 2020. The diffusion of alternative fuel vehicles: A generalized model and future research agenda. Journal of Simulation, 14 (4) : 260-277 p.
Struben, Jeroen. 2020. The coronavirus disease (COVID‐19) pandemic: simulation‐based assessment of outbreak responses and postpeak strategies. System Dynamics Review, 36 (3) : 247-293 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Lee, Brandon H., Bingham, Christopher B. 2020. Collective Action Problems and Resource Allocation During Market Formation. Strategy Science, 5 (3) : 245-270 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Lee, Brandon H. 2018. Collective Action, Networks, and Critical Mass for Market Formation. Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings, 2018 (1)
Lee, Brandon H., Struben, Jeroen, Bingham, Christopher B. 2018. Collective Action and Market Formation: An Integrative Framework. Strategic Management Journal, 39 (1) : 242-266 p.
Keith, David R., Sterman, John D., Struben, Jeroen. 2017. Supply constraints and waitlists in new product diffusion. System Dynamics Review, 33 (3-4) : 254-279 p.
Dubé, Laurette, Jha, Srivardhini, Faber, Aida, Struben, Jeroen, London, Ted, Mohapatra, Archisman, Drager, Nick, Lannon, Chris, Joshi, P. K., McDermott, John. 2014. Convergent innovation for sustainable economic growth and affordable universal healthcare: Innovating the way we innovate. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1331 (1) : 119-141 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Chan, Derek, Dubé, Laurette. 2014. Policy Insights from the Nutritional Food Market Transformation Model: The Case of Obesity Prevention Dynamics. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1331 (1) : 57-75 p.
Garland, Jennifer, Huising, Ruthanne, Struben, Jeroen. 2013. “What if technology worked in harmony with nature?”: Imagining climate change through Prius advertisements. Organization, 20 (5) : 679-704 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Sterman, John D. 2008. Transition Challenges for Alternative Fuel Vehicle and Transportation Systems. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 35 (6) : 1070-1097 p.
Otto, Peter, Struben, Jeroen. 2004. Gloucester Fishery: Insights from a Group Modeling Intervention. System Dynamics Review, 20 (4) : 287-312 p.
Nazarov, Yuli V., Struben, Jeroen. 1996. Universal Excess Noise in Resonant Tunneling via Strongly Localized States. Physical Review B, 53 (23) : 15466-15468 p.
Lee, Brandon H., Georgallis, Panayiotis Panikos, Struben, Jeroen. 2022. Sustainable entrepreneurship under market uncertainty: Opportunities, challenges and impact. In George, Gerard, Haas, Martine, Joshi, Havovi, McGahan, Anita, Tracey, Paul, Handbook on the Business of Sustainability. Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 252-272 p.
Papachristos, George, Struben, Jeroen. 2019. System Dynamics Methodology and Research: Opportunities for Transitions Research. In Moallemi, Enayat A., de Haan, Fjalar J., Modelling Transitions: Virtues, Vices, Visions of the Future. Abingdon-on-Thames : Routledge, 119-138 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Sterman, John D., Keith, David R. 2015. Parameter and Confidence Interval Estimation in Dynamic Models: Maximum Likelihood and Bootstrapping Methods. In Rahmandad, Hazhir, Oliva, Rogelio, Osgood, Nathaniel D., Analytical Methods for Dynamic Modelers. Cambridge : MIT Press
Etzion, Dror, Struben, Jeroen. 2014. Better Place: Shifting Paradigms in the Automotive Industry. In Pirson, Michael, Case Studies in Social Entrepreneurship. Routledge
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- American Sociological Association (ASA)
- System Dynamics Society (SDS)
- European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS)
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- New England Complex Systems Institute (NECSI)
Communications et Séminaires
Organization of Academic Workshops
- Sub-theme “Markets and (Re-) Valuations inside Sustainability Transformations” European group for Organizational Studies (2014 EGOS Conference). Joint with Peter Karnøe (Allborg University, Denmark) and Liliana Doganova (Center for the Sociology of Innovation at Ecole des Mines in Paris, France)).
- Modeling Science, Technology, & Innovation Conference, National Science Foundation (Washington DC 2016)
- Delft University of Technology, Policy Analysis Department (Delft, The Netherlands, September 2015)
- 2nd National Obesity Summit (Montreal, QC, May 2011)
- Northwestern University, The Transportation Center (Evanston, IL March 2011)
- Tongji University, School of Automotive Studies (Shanghai, China 2008)
- Copenhagen Business School (Copenhagen, Denmark 2008)
- MIT Sloan School of Management, Operations Management and System Dynamics seminar (Cambridge, MA 2004, 2007, 2008)
- Delft University of Technology, Policy Analysis Department (Delft, The Netherlands 2007)
- Santa Fe Institute/UM-complexity group “The Foundations of Robustness” (Ann Arbor, MI 2006)
- State University New York, Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy (Albany, NY 2006)
- Academic workshop “Frontiers in Transportation: social and spatial interactions” (Amsterdam, The Netherlands 2007, 2005)
- Academic workshop “Computational and Mathematical Approaches to Societal Transitions”, Lorentz Center (Leiden, The Netherlands, 2007)
- Organization Science Winter Conference (Park City, UT 2015)
- System Dynamics Winter Conference (Albuquerque, NM 2015)
- EGOS 30th Colloquium (Rotterdam, The Netherlands 2014)
- Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting: Presented in the Showcase Symposium on “Entrepreneurial Action in Nascent Industries (Orlando, FL, September 2013)
- 1st European Theory Development Workshop in Organizational Management Theory (Grenoble, France 2012; presenter and discussant)
- DRUID Industrial Dynamics Conference (Copenhagen, Denmark 2012)
- International System Dynamics 29th Conference (Washington DC, 2011, 5 presentations, including 1 plenary)
- EGOS 27th Colloquium (Göteborg, Sweden 2011)
- Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting - OMT Junior Faculty Consortium (Montreal, 2010)
- EGOS 25th Colloquium (Barcelona, Spain 2009)
- Sumantra Ghoshal Conference – London Business School (London, UK, 2009)
- Energizing Markets Conference – Making and Breaking Regimes of Value (Copenhagen, Denmark 2008)
- DRUID Industrial Dynamics Conference (Copenhagen, Denmark 2008)
- Industry Studies Conference, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation (Boston, MA 2008, 2009)
- United States Association for Energy Economics (USAEE) 26th and 28th Conference (Ann Arbor, MI 2006; New Orleans, LA 2008)
- Academy of Management (AOM) Annual Meeting, (Philadelphia, PA 2007)
- International Conference on Complex Systems (Boston, MA 2004, 2006, 2007)
- The Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS) Annual Meeting, (Pittsburgh, PA 2006; Washington, DC 2008)
- International System Dynamics 22nd to 26th; 29th; 32nd Conference (Palermo, Italy 2003; New York City, NY 2004; Boston, MA 2005; Nijmegen, The Netherlands 2006; Boston, MA 2007; Boston, MA 2011; Delft The Netherlands 2014)
- System Dynamics Winter camp (Austin, TX 2006; 2009; 2015)
- North American Association for Complex Social Systems and Organization (Pittsburgh, PA 2004)
- Creative marathon, “Dynamics of Self-Sustaining Adoption of Sustainable Practices: The Role of Social Influence”, Faculty of Law, McGill University (Montreal, 2016)
- Panelist, Enactus Sustainability Conference (Montreal, 2015) Expert workshops :
- U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) “EV Everywhere Grand Challenge Consumer Acceptance and Charging”, U.S. Electric Drive Vehicle Leaders Workshop (Los Angeles, CA, 2012)
- Transportation Transitions Biofuels and Electrification, US DOE (Washington DC, 2010);
- Energy collaborative – improving energy models (ECAI) (Washington DC, 2007)
- International Energy Agency (IEA) “Building the Hydrogen Economy” (Detroit, MI 2007)
- DOE “Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles and Infrastructure Scenario Analysis”(Washington DC, 2006/07)
- Detoxifying Our Economy: Business and Green Chemistry Workshop, Desautels Faculty of Management (Montréal, 2010) Industry Alliance Meetings : Presentations : Executive Meeting MIT- Ford Motor Company Alliance (Cambridge, MA 2007, 2008) Industry Consortium Meeting on Advanced Electronic Automotive Systems (Shanghai, China 2008) General Motors (Detroit, MI 2006), Plugpower (Albany, NY 2006), Shell Hydrogen (Houston, TX 2005, 2007), National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) (Golden, CO 2004, 2005), Laboratory For Energy and the Environment (LFEE), MIT (Cambridge, MA 2005)
- Building capacity for furthering the economic and social case for investment in chronic non-communicable disease prevention and health promotion - Healthy Living Market Transformation: Analysis of Non-communicable Disease Dynamics and Prevention. Report to Public Health Agency Canada,RFSO#1000091602, March 2011
- Summary of Policy Insights from Alternative Fuel Vehicle Transition Analysis,MIT Project on Market Transitions for Low Carbon Transportation, Report 2, September 2010
- News paper article, Globe and Mail, Canada (November 2014), Interview with Rosanna Tamburi about insights from nutritious market formation paper http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/businesseducation/ why-efforts-against-obesity-arent-working/article18986914/
- Press Release, McGill University, Canada (June 2014): http://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/channels/news/silver-bullet-solutions-arenot-answer-tackling-obesity-235142
- Video interview, McGill University, Canada (May 2013) McGill at Work / au travail. “PA-2E Transport: Canada's largest emission sector”/“PA-2F Transport: le secteur d'emission le plus important” https://www.facebook.com/mcgillatwork
- Press Release, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States (2007) Alternative fuel vehicle transitions http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/alt-fuel-0530.html
- University Coverage, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States (2007), by Nancy Stauffer “Alternative Fuel Vehicles: Enabling the Transition”,EnergyEnvironment Newsletter, MIT Laboratory for Energy and Environment, p8-10
- Others: News reports, including in the New Scientist, Science Daily, Boston Globe (multipletimes), MIT Tech Talk Newspaper, MIT Energy Initiative, and in diverse science and environment interest websites (2007-2008).Radio and pod-casts: Radio Austria, Earth & Sky (2007)