1. Market formation theory
2. Collective action and market formation
4. Sustainable consumption
Prices and awards
Struben, Jeroen, Kapmeier, Florian. 2023. From low-hanging fruit to high-impact sustainability transformations: Unpacking dynamics of intra- and interorganizational capability traps. System Dynamics Review, FORTH : 28 p.
Keith, David R., Struben, Jeroen, Naumov, Sergey. 2020. The diffusion of alternative fuel vehicles: A generalized model and future research agenda. Journal of Simulation, 14 (4) : 260-277 p.
Struben, Jeroen. 2020. The coronavirus disease (COVID‐19) pandemic: simulation‐based assessment of outbreak responses and postpeak strategies. System Dynamics Review, 36 (3) : 247-293 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Lee, Brandon H., Bingham, Christopher B. 2020. Collective Action Problems and Resource Allocation During Market Formation. Strategy Science, 5 (3) : 245-270 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Lee, Brandon H. 2018. Collective Action, Networks, and Critical Mass for Market Formation. Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings, 2018 (1)
Lee, Brandon H., Struben, Jeroen, Bingham, Christopher B. 2018. Collective Action and Market Formation: An Integrative Framework. Strategic Management Journal, 39 (1) : 242-266 p.
Keith, David R., Sterman, John D., Struben, Jeroen. 2017. Supply constraints and waitlists in new product diffusion. System Dynamics Review, 33 (3-4) : 254-279 p.
Dubé, Laurette, Jha, Srivardhini, Faber, Aida, Struben, Jeroen, London, Ted, Mohapatra, Archisman, Drager, Nick, Lannon, Chris, Joshi, P. K., McDermott, John. 2014. Convergent innovation for sustainable economic growth and affordable universal healthcare: Innovating the way we innovate. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1331 (1) : 119-141 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Chan, Derek, Dubé, Laurette. 2014. Policy Insights from the Nutritional Food Market Transformation Model: The Case of Obesity Prevention Dynamics. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, 1331 (1) : 57-75 p.
Garland, Jennifer, Huising, Ruthanne, Struben, Jeroen. 2013. “What if technology worked in harmony with nature?”: Imagining climate change through Prius advertisements. Organization, 20 (5) : 679-704 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Sterman, John D. 2008. Transition Challenges for Alternative Fuel Vehicle and Transportation Systems. Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, 35 (6) : 1070-1097 p.
Otto, Peter, Struben, Jeroen. 2004. Gloucester Fishery: Insights from a Group Modeling Intervention. System Dynamics Review, 20 (4) : 287-312 p.
Nazarov, Yuli V., Struben, Jeroen. 1996. Universal Excess Noise in Resonant Tunneling via Strongly Localized States. Physical Review B, 53 (23) : 15466-15468 p.
Lee, Brandon H., Georgallis, Panayiotis Panikos, Struben, Jeroen. 2022. Sustainable entrepreneurship under market uncertainty: Opportunities, challenges and impact. In George, Gerard, Haas, Martine, Joshi, Havovi, McGahan, Anita, Tracey, Paul, Handbook on the Business of Sustainability. Cheltenham : Edward Elgar, 252-272 p.
Papachristos, George, Struben, Jeroen. 2019. System Dynamics Methodology and Research: Opportunities for Transitions Research. In Moallemi, Enayat A., de Haan, Fjalar J., Modelling Transitions: Virtues, Vices, Visions of the Future. Abingdon-on-Thames : Routledge, 119-138 p.
Struben, Jeroen, Sterman, John D., Keith, David R. 2015. Parameter and Confidence Interval Estimation in Dynamic Models: Maximum Likelihood and Bootstrapping Methods. In Rahmandad, Hazhir, Oliva, Rogelio, Osgood, Nathaniel D., Analytical Methods for Dynamic Modelers. Cambridge : MIT Press
Etzion, Dror, Struben, Jeroen. 2014. Better Place: Shifting Paradigms in the Automotive Industry. In Pirson, Michael, Case Studies in Social Entrepreneurship. Routledge
- Academy of Management (AOM)
- American Sociological Association (ASA)
- System Dynamics Society (SDS)
- European Group for Organizational Studies (EGOS)
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- New England Complex Systems Institute (NECSI)
Communications & Seminars
- Building capacity for furthering the economic and social case for investment in chronic non-communicable disease prevention and health promotion - Healthy Living Market Transformation: Analysis of Non-communicable Disease Dynamics and Prevention. Report to Public Health Agency Canada, RFSO#1000091602, March 2011
- Summary of Policy Insights from Alternative Fuel Vehicle Transition Analysis,MIT Project on Market Transitions for Low Carbon Transportation, Report 2, September 2010
- News paper article, Globe and Mail, Canada (November 2014), Interview with Rosanna Tamburi about insights from nutritious market formation paper http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/careers/businesseducation/ why-efforts-against-obesity-arent-working/article18986914/
- Press Release, McGill University, Canada (June 2014): http://www.mcgill.ca/desautels/channels/news/silver-bullet-solutions-arenot-answer-tackling-obesity-235142
- Video interview, McGill University, Canada (May 2013) McGill at Work / au travail. “PA-2E Transport: Canada's largest emission sector”/“PA-2F Transport: le secteur d'emission le plus important” https://www.facebook.com/mcgillatwork
- Press Release, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States (2007) Alternative fuel vehicle transitions http://web.mit.edu/newsoffice/2007/alt-fuel-0530.html
- University Coverage, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, United States (2007), by Nancy Stauffer “Alternative Fuel Vehicles: Enabling the Transition”,EnergyEnvironment Newsletter, MIT Laboratory for Energy and Environment, p8-10
- Others:News reports, including in the New Scientist, Science Daily, Boston Globe (multipletimes), MIT Tech Talk Newspaper, MIT Energy Initiative, and in diverse science and environment interest websites (2007-2008).Radio and pod-casts: Radio Austria, Earth & Sky (2007)