Themes of research
I study how information frictions affect the fund raising of young, small, and innovative companies, and how social networks mitigate those frictions. I also investigate the increasing trend of private debt funds and their interesting competition with traditional commercial banks in the middle-market lending space.
Conferences and Seminars
- 12/2022: Finance seminar, Hitotsubashi University, Tokyo, Japan
- 6/2022: Queen Mary University of London, London, UK.
- 3/2022: Midwest Finance Association Annual Meeting, Chicago, USA
- 3/2022: Finance workshop, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong.
- 12/2021: The 34th Australasian Finance and Banking Conference, UNSW, Online.
- 6/2021: FMA European 2021 Virtual Meeting, Online.
- 5/2021: The 37th French Finance Association Annual Meeting, Online.
- 10/2020: FMA Annual Meeting 2020, New York, Online.
- 9/2020: Venture Capital and Private Equity Research Workshop, UNSW, Sydney, Australia.
- 10/2019: FMA Annual Meeting 2019, New Orleans, USA.
- 7/2019: The 31st Asian Finance Association Annual Meeting, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
- 12/2016: The 29th Australasian Finance and Banking Conference, UNSW, Sydney, Australia.
- 6/2016: The 28th Asian Finance Association Annual Meeting, Bangkok, Thailand.
- Private Equity
- Venture Capital
- Corporate Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Financial Data Analytics (Applications of statistical learning in Finance)
- American Finance Association
- European Finance Association
- Financial Management Association