Giang Nguyen is currently an associate professor at emlyon business school, France, and affiliated to the entrepreneurship and innovation research center. He previously was an assistant professor at the School of Political Science and Economics, Waseda University in Tokyo, Japan. His research covers a range of topics in corporate finance and private capital markets with specific interests in private equity, venture capital, IPO, merger and acquisition, and other financial issues related to start-ups, high growth, and newly public companies. He has published in A*-ranked finance journals such as the Journal of Banking & Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, and Journal of Business Finance, and Accounting, and his research findings have been featured in media outlets such as Coller Capital, Private Equity Findings. He has successfully received a number of prestigious research grants, including Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research for Early-Career Scientists and Scientists-C, and has taught corporate finance, (investment) finance, entrepreneurial finance, and financial data analytics.
2022 - Now: Associate Professor of Finance, emlyon business school, France.
- 2020 – 2022 : Assistant Professor of Finance, Waseda University, Japan.
- 2022 – 2022 : Visiting Researcher, Monash University, Australia.
- 2022 – 2022 : Project Member, Research Institute of Economy, Trade, and Industry (RIETI), Japan.
2014 – 2017: Ph.D. in Economics, Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan.
- 2012 – 2014: Master of Finance, College of Business and Economics, The Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
- 2007 – 2011: B.Sc. in Accounting, Department of Accounting, National Economics University, Ha Noi, Viet Nam.